Monday, May 14, 2012

NOW THAT I KNOW I'M A GIRL??????

Whew!!!! Now that my Dad has given me his medical opinion what do I do with it? I was uncomfortable talking to him about this subject, embarrassed I guess. I could talk to my Dad about anything, politics, philosophy, his work, sailing (we loved to sail) anything that crossed my mind I could talk to my Dad about. When I was in high school he helped me with Latin, Physics, Trig, Algebra, any subject was fair game with him. He oftened complained that learning Latin was fine but "any" classical education that didn't include Greek was wanting in integrity. Of course I pointed out to him that he was no help at all to me in studying French!! That was all well in good but how did I talk to him about possibly being his daughter and not his son. The solution was we never talked about it again and he took his thoughts with him to his grave when he died suddenly at the age of 60.

Well I was single, living at home a college grad looking for a job, I should just move forward with my life. Move forward, in retrospect, even though I was in a panic about what gender I really was. Move forward even though I wish I were one of my sisters instead of a brother. Good Lord where would this lead?? In those days I knew nothing about a "Transgendered Community"!! I knew I was in pain and had no idea what to do. Of course its easy looking back not so easy being there and "moving forward". What the hell am I going to do??

No comments:

Post a Comment